Monday, June 13, 2011

My Perfect Birthday

After i got home from a short trip to school, i ate leftover cheesy potatoes and southern baked beans and then i headed out to the garden. I weeded, cut things back, sat in my swing, and pondered how to spend some birthday money. . . a hammock? A Pandora charm? A pair of Keen sandals? A free standing vine trellis?

Soon, the creeping Jenny will be covered with yellow flowers. The first couple popped open but there are thousands more to pop soon.



This place makes me oh so happy! I just love it!
When Jaely and Cami got home, Jaely made a cake with TJ. It was a texas sheet cake and it was delicious! It was made with a ton of love (and patience). TJ is such a patient papa.


Jaely sings me Happy Birthday.


Pure excitement on Jaelynne's face as the batter is poured into the pan.


My man also made me pasta a la caprese for dinner. Yummy!

Then Jaely brought me my gift. TJ was worried about frosting the cake, making out my card and wrapping my present. I told him not to wrap it since i would be tearing it off in mere minutes, so Jaely delivered my present.
(disclaimer- i do have shorts on. . . they just happen to be the exact color of my skin. . .creepy!)

I got a new Vera school bag!! My old one is falling apart! I also got a Life is Good mug for home for my chai latte.
Jaely said "Bye. I go to school now."






What a perfect day thanks to TJ and my two girls. I also got a number of cards, texts, calls, a delivery, and facebook wishes that kept me smiling all day!

No comments: