Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wow- a Heartbeat!

I still can't stop thinking about it. . . how this tiny 6 millimeter life in me has a heart that beats. At first we saw the baby and the heart flash on the screen, and then seconds later the doctor turned the speakers on and there it was . . .a heartbeat- oddly strong for its tiny state. With each steady beat it was saying "I'm here. I'm strong. . . I'm here. I'm strong. . I'm here. I'm strong." It was the sweetest sound to my ears and i am so thankful TJ was there to hear it too. I smiled when i saw the fuzzy picture of the little being, and i teared up when i heard its tiny heart beat so strongly. Not even five weeks ago did this exist. . . and now it has a heart beat!

With Jaely, i was considered a normal pregnancy after the heartbeat was heard and was shipped off to my OB doctor as soon as we heard the heart beat. Not this time. They want to keep me for awhile and for that i am glad. I have quite a large cyst that seems to be growing just a little instead of shrinking and it is causing me some pain, but not all the time. My other cysts on my other side is shrinking. The doctor also said that because of the "circumstances around my pregnancy" (having a regular period) he would like to continue seeing me. He calls it "circumstances," i call it a miracle. At first my bleeding was referred to as implantation bleeding, which happens to some, but mine was not that. I know it wasn't. The second time it was referred to as a period. His cautiousness makes me cautious. . . but i am still very excited.

Sometimes i think the word 'miracle' has lost some of its power or has been taken for granted. Growing a human being is truly a miracle. Reading about all the science behind it proves to me what a miracle it is. Cells dividing and already being designated as a lung cell or a mouth cell at such an early time is a miracle. I am so blessed that i get to be apart of this miracle.

1 comment:

Ang said...

so beautiful. We are praying for this little baby to just get stronger and stronger! Love you!