Friday, March 12, 2010

I am PREGNANT!

So, i am pregnant. It still feels so weird writing that. I am six weeks along, but have only known for a week. It is actually harder for me to grasp than it was with jaely because with jaely i was expecting a yes or a no, but with this one, i already had my answer. And it was no. I had a period. The doctor called it implantation bleeding, but i am still calling it a period. It, without going into much gross detail, was a heavy flowing, yucky five days of a period

Either way, God's timing is amazing. And because of the circumstances, His greatness is seen even more. Looking back His fingerprints are all over my decisions and the events that took place. I cancelled an HSG test because i was tired and didn't want to be away from my students for three out of five days. The nurse later told me it was good i didn't get that test done- wouldn't have been good for the pregnancy. I had some friends over two weeks ago for scrap booking. We had mexican food and i was so bummed when i discovered that the Margarita mix had expired. So, i settled on a mountain dew. I did take some cold medicine, but there is nothing i can do about that now. We made this baby on the very date that my mom passed away. One life ends and another begins. Our due date is/was my granna's birthday.

It was a little odd to find out when TJ was out of town. I am glad gail was here so i could celebrate with someone close. TJ was with no one he knew.

I am ecstatic (and exhausted) about this .23 cm little baby growing in me. I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat and know that it is indeed a healthy pregnancy. I will hopefully hear it Wednesday.

What a wonderful gift that i am able to experience. Now, i must go to bed. . . i am growing a human after all!

1 comment:

gail said...

After all--you are!!! So glad that I was there to get that phone call--left me a little breathless. And I will remind Jaely that we were on our way to Target, but we pulled off the road to pray. Amazing grace.