Friday, October 28, 2011

I've Been Busy

I love planning and creating. My crafting is such an outlet for me. When my brain just needs to turn off, and i don't want to think about school anymore or think about all the house work, i slip downstairs and create.

Jaely wanted to be a butterfly, but she is such a little scientist and reads a monarch butterfly book all the time, the store bought ones were not very realistic. I found this idea online and kites are very cheap, so we tried it. Now, Jaely can act like she is flying.
The kiteI cut it up the middle and sewed it to the back of her hoodie. We have a pair of antennae and black gloves. Kind of a lame costume, but i think she will be excited about it. I should take lame and simple while i can!I have been working on Camryn's birthday stuff. I wanted it to be comparable to Jaelynne's first birthday. The only problem is now i am working full time and have two kids as opposed to being a stay- at-home mom with one. I am trying for you, girl!
A Hungry Caterpillar with her monthly photos on it. . .The invitationsA bookmark the kids are going to make at her party with their fingerprints and names. We are also going to have coloring and painting in the basement. Our basement is far from finished, but we needed more room for all the people and the Very Hungry Caterpillar just screams art activities!
We will see if i can pull this all off. I also made streamers out of tissue paper circles and my sewing machine.

I am well past tired. And i can tell by the writing. Time for me to go.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Love it! You are very creative and both of your girls are blessed to have you.