Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Silver

This time of year, i love silver. Actually, i like it all year long, but it just has a special place during the holidays. I love how it shimmers and shines without being pretentious like gold. I love how it can make something that might be otherwise dull, seem magical. Silver can dress something up, make something a little more fancier, and add that little something something that was missing.

So. . . why is it that when i see a shimmering silver hair mixed with my dark brown hair, i twinge with disgust? I hate it. I hate how the light hits a silver hair and illuminates it making it say "look at me! Look at me!" It doesn't make my dull hair seem magical, it just makes me feel old. I hate how the silver hair grows up out of my scalp in a bent and crazy way, drawing even more attention to itself. However, the hair seems to become hidden the moment i come at it with tweezers.

Arg.

No comments: