Saturday, October 06, 2018

Fitting Room Celebrations

I was looking forward to time to myself today.  After lunch with the family, I stopped at the gas station and got a Diet Dr. Pepper.  Such a treat!  I drove to Old Navy because I had $50 in rewards to spend there (since the GAP closed).  It was so fun to go on a shopping spree and try on clothes.  I was grabbing two sizes, not sure what size I would fit in.  I don't mean to sound dramatic, (although it kind of is a dramatic change to lose 50 pounds), but when I was in the changing room, I got a little teary eyed.  Things were fitting.  I had choices.  I felt good about myself.  I did a dance in front of the mirror!  Some of you will never fully understand because you have never been there- that spot where nothing fits or looks good, where your confidence is non-existent and you hate shopping.   Before, I couldn't fit in the clothes I wanted to in stores.  I had to shop in the big girl section or at Lane Bryant.  Now, I can shop anywhere!  It hit me all of a sudden in that fitting room. Now, I know that this dress isn't the most flattering, but it is so comfortable that I really don't care.  I took this pic because for the first time in such a long time, everything fit and I felt good in everything!

No comments: