Monday, March 24, 2008

Strange

It is so weird. I just packed my lunch for the last time. After years of packing a lunch day after day, today is the last day for a long time. I made sure it was a good one . . . mashed potatoes and yogurt and a banana. Yum. Last night i corrected papers for the last time for a long time. Things are definitely going to be different, but so good. I am so excited about this new journey. I wake up wondering if today will be the day that our life will change. I still have a feeling she will be late, but she has surprised us once before. When we found out we were pregnant with her, i was certain we weren't pregnant because i thought i got my period. Turned out to just be spotting and that was the beginning of her life. She gave us the best surprise ever. Maybe that is her plan again. Maybe she is just so comfy and snuggly that she is content to stay in there. Any way, we will meet her soon. After 9 months and years of waiting, what is another week, really?!

Well, i am on my way to work. No reason to get there super early. . . i am ready for a sub at any time. Our phones are charged. Gas is in both cars. The car seat is ready. My bags are in the car. We have our phone list. We are ready for you Gertie!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

same here--we're ready!! love, gail