Friday, March 07, 2008

I just got home. . .

For a friday, getting home at 7 is super late for me, especially when i didn't do my normal sleep an hour later on Fridays until 6:15. Instead, i woke up at my normal monday thru thursday time of 5:15. I just have so much to do. Report cards are due monday and parent teacher conferences are tuesday. Plus, because i was getting ready for all that, i am not really planned for next week. Before i could work on report cards i had to grade two big projects. Yikes! I am tired. We are going out of town this weekend for my last shower. I was planning on doing laundry tonight so i wouldn't have to when we got back sunday afternoon, but i just don't think i have it in me. I am looking forward to the shower tomorrow and seeing family that i haven't seen in ages. Of course, my mom will be greatly missed and thought of often. . . The shower for a friend that i went to yesterday was a painful reminder of what my mom would have been like. Her mom was so excited and sat next to her while she opened presents. It was neat to see.

The girl that is due four days after me was told by her doctor to stop working. The girl that is due 6 days after me is dilated to a 1. Ang, who is due 10 days after me, was having some pretty painful contractions the other night. These are reminders that we are indeed close!

1 comment:

leigh said...

I lost my mother at 25 and didn't have children until I was 38. I miss my mom too, and there are times when I think I'll call her and ask her something. It's not quite as painful anymore. I kept a journal for awhile, so when I'm gone, my kids will at least have some answers to questions they may have if I'm not around. Now, I'm too busy raising them to write about it too much. good luck to you and enjoy your shower.