Thursday, April 16, 2009

The flowers are coming!

I walked out to look at the garden today and got so excited. The hyacinths are popping, the cherry tree is starting to get tiny buds. The day lilies are spreading and the grass is getting greener. The sedum is coming up in its rounded clump way. The hens and chicks, phlox, and boxwood survived winter and are getting greener! I used to despise spring. . . now that we have gardens , i find it excitng!

I am not sure when i will get a chance to work out there. I could do it now as jaely naps, but i have toilets to clean and dishes to do and dust to dust.

It is supposed to be sunny and warm for the next few days, so i will make it a point to get out there. But, for now, i am enjoying it without working in it!

2 comments:

Charity said...

How do you know all of the names???? I struggle to remember the name "hosta".

Lindsey said...

Charity- my mom was a huge gardener and i followed her around her gardens all summer long for years. It is funny because other people will talk of flowers and if my mom didn't have them, i have no idea what they are talking about!!

And by the way- "hosta" is very vague, i can name a plethora of specific hostas!!! Can you tell i am rather proud of this pointless trivia?