Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hakuna Matata


Hakuna Matata. . . means no worries. . . .

Date night was awesome. After Gail picked jaely up from us in Lansing, TJ and i wandered the mall there a little. I got changed into my black and white linen dress with purple satin trim and my purple heels. We went to eat at Gilbert and Blake's seafood and grill. We had drinks, a wonderful meal and two decadent desserts that we shared. My drink was a little strong and we had some time to kill, so we ate slowly and enjoyed eachother's company. I was surprised. . . we didn't talk about Jaely very much. It was so nice to be out in public, dressed up and not cutting food into tiny bite size pieces for jaely.

We then headed to MSU's Wharton center. It was a pretty nice theater. I did miss the historical feeling and decorative surroundings. . . like in Toronto or chicago, but it was nice. We had spectacular seats. . . second row in the grand tier. The show amazed us. . . not just the singing, but the costumes and puppeteering. I often just enjoy things and don't think about the how, but this show forced me to think of the how. How are they doing that? How are they making it look that way? That was the most talkative first act i have ever witnessed. People were whispering with amazement and pointing in all directions. It really was unbelievable.

The show didn't start until 8 and we still had to drive to gail's, so we got home pretty late. It was well worth it. I feel rejuvenated as a wife and as a mother. I needed to feel sexy, to have the door opened for me, to grab my husband's hand from across the table and look into his eyes, to have him look at me that certain way, and to be surrounded by adults.

Thank you gail! It is so wonderful to have jaely in such trusting care that it doesn't occupy our minds while we are trying to enjoy a night out. Around 8:45, i had a thought/worry that maybe jaely was crying and wasn't sleeping well for gail, but then i dismissed it knowing that jaely is probably sleeping and if she isn't gail can handle it. . . she might even get some cuddle time! My thought lasted for maybe 30 seconds and then i returned to watching the performance.

It truly was an evening of no worries. Hakuna matata.

Now TJ is working on school stuff and my list of things i need to get done around the house is growing. . . .but i feel so energized and rejuvenated.

1 comment:

gramma gail said...

I appreciate the trust and all that wonderful gramma time.