Saturday, May 10, 2008

Anticipating Mother's Day




The last few mother's days have not been the greatest. They were full of the pain of missing my mom and not being a mom after trying so hard. This year i am excited. It will still be bittersweet. This is the first mothers day without my granna. I miss her giggle. i always think it is neat to get the generations of mothers together. One year we went to a brunch with my mom and my granna. I wish we could do that again, only this time with jaely. I wish my mom could watch me be a mom.

I think of my dad and my aunt, as this is their first year without their mom. I am sure that they have thought about her and missed her everyday, but mother's day can make it especially hard.

I am so lucky to be a mom. I have wanted to for so long. It has been challenging, yet so rewarding. I feel like i have so much to learn, yet that i have learned so much.

I think of how blessed i am that gail is in my life as a mom, too. And now a grandma. I am thankful for how she raised her son with such an amazing heart, awesome work ethic, unconditional love, and hugs.

I am thankful for all the "i love yous" that are freely expressed with the moms that have been a part of my life. Some families rarely speak those words.

Tomorrow is a special day. TJ is making me mac and cheese, but not just ordinary mac and cheese (i have been craving mac and cheese ever since i left the hospital- they had the best baked mac and cheese). This mac and cheese has asparagus and ham. It has white cheddar cheese, Gruyere, and , of course, a lot of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. YUM! I cannot wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of us who love you are so thrilled that this Mother's Day will begin a line of new celebrations in your life. Savor the day. I love you, gail

Ang said...

Lindsey~
Happy Mother's Day!!
I am so happy to say that to you. You are always in my thoughts on this day for so many reasons...and I love that there is a baby in your arms this year. I hope your mac n cheese was all that you anticipated and more :)

miss you!
ang

ps~ Maya loves her 'mat' for 'painting' from Jaely. And so do I...she can be as free and artistic and creative and experimental as she wants...and there is absolutely no mess...THANK YOU :)