Saturday, May 21, 2011

More gardening

I took this at night time as i was finishing up planting some flowers. It almost glowed.My peony is about to burst open. My mom would have loved to share and compare flowers. This peony was given to my by a friend. It isn't the kind that my mom once had (i wonder what it looks like now) but i do love it. And it seems really happy.
These little gnomes live in my garden. Whenever Jaelynne spots one she calls it santa claus. I move them around on her every now and then. They hide and aren't obnoxious (like some gnomes can be).

The new kid on the block- my solar powered glow in the dark lantern carrying fairy that i got from my dad. She is beautiful and the perfect size for her new home. Jaely hasn't met her yet. Darkness is just coming and you can tell her lantern has a little glow to it.

This is such a steep hill and it holds our air conditioner. I love what the sweet woodriff has done to it. There is some snow on the mountain at the bottom, too
The bottom garden is starting to look like a garden again after the flood two years ago. Things are planted. The shasta daisies and black-eye susan survived, although the black-eyed susan comes up all black and shriveled. I bought a healthy one to try to encourage the rest. :) There are also two coneflowers, dianthus, and two different kinds of bellflower (blue clips & another one). We also planted blanket flower for the first time ever because it was on super clearance, so i thought we should give it a try.

One of these things in this picture might be a weed. I don't remember so i am watching it carefully. It is huge and green and healthy. . . so it is probably a weed because it is in the lower garden.
I planted four columbine last night. They are flowers that definitely remind me of my mom. These ones are purple and white. They just always look so happy.

A new plant for the rock garden. A form of bellflower. I love the color.

No comments: