Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day

Being a mother is incredible, so incredible that i really can't explain it. I had no idea motherhood would be this amazing, challenging, rewarding, incredible, and exhausting.

Sometimes TJ and i just for fun think back to life before we had kids. It seemed so busy then. We were tired then and stressed. Now we just kind of laugh at ourselves because we had no idea what busy and tired really was.

I was treated like a queen bee today. I fed Cami at 7, but then TJ woke up so that i could go back to sleep. I slept for an hour more before i woke up and enjoyed scrambled eggs and buttered toast. TJ and Jaelynne made me a texas sheet cake. The sun was shining and i was itching to get out of the house. After Camryn woke back up, we all headed out for some perennial plant shopping, only to find that the place was closed. I was SO bummed! Jaely kept saying "it okay mama. It okay."

I worked in the garden a bit, went shopping for clothes for Jaelynne, ate my requested hamburger and cheesy potato dinner, avoided changing a very poopy diaper, and corrected papers on the deck.

I thought a lot about my mom, granna, and GG today. I thought about Dr. Dodd's and how thankful i am for technology and fertility treatments. I played with my girls, laughed and gave an enormous amount of kisses.

I watched my husband be an amazing dad and husband. I watched him think of all these little things he could do for me today as he showed my how much he appreciates me. Right now he just turned the dishwasher on, cleaned the table and is now cleaning the floors and chairs. He would do this if it wasn't mother's day. It is something he does often.

I have said it before, but I am so very blessed. Thank you for these gift you have given me, God.

No comments: