Monday, October 23, 2006

What is my deal?

I get home from school after a staff meeting, and i have such good intentions on getting caught up with papers. I didn't touch them. I did manage to make myself write up my fall festival letter, but that is about it. Instead, i sewed my little heart out. Yesterday i finished a very cute loopie pillow. It has loops of ribbon sticking out around the edge and from the front of the pillow. I used my scraps from all the blankets i have made to make it out of squares. It is small, like the size i have seen in stores. It is more for play, than to lay on. Tonight, i tried to make a tooth pillow, which was suggested by a friend of mine after she saw one in the store for $40.00. This was not so successful. . . well, i guess i shoudln't say that. Now, i know what to do differently. I wanted it to be star shaped, so i made a tracer for my fabric by hand. Next time i need to make the arms and legs of the star more stocky and rounded. . . i thought i did, but once i sew in on each edge, it turns out to be lanky and spindly. Now i know. I made the star out of blue bumpy fleece, with a green bumpy fleece pocket that has a furry fleece yellow moon on it. Out of each arm tip is a ribbon (one is very crooked) I think i will bring it into work, to hear their suggestions. As long as they understand it is a trial one, i will be fine. In fact, once i saw how ridiculous it looked, i didn't take a lot of time to sew the closing shut after i stuffed it. Maybe i will post pictures later. . . instead of doing school work. I have class tomorrow and do you think i did my reading? What has gotten into me. No wonder i feel so behind this year. . . i am!

On another note, i talked to my brother Jason today. It was good to hear his voice and hear all the exciting plans for his upcoming wedding in May. It sounds like it is going to be a beautiful, small wedding. I think he said the place only holds 70, so no cousins or random people or great once removed hairdressers. I'm sure for some, that is a relief that they don't have to travel across the U.S., for others. . . they will just have to deal with it! I am sure they will understand. It sounds so nice. It reminds me of the toast that Jason gave at my wedding. Stinkin' hilarious!

Well, i am off to bed. Goodnight.

No comments: