Sunday, January 21, 2007

Outing

I did have an outing. We put on our long underwear. I wrapped a scarf around my neck and we both put hats on our heads. Then, bundled up in our warm jackets and boots we set out for a walk in this winter wonderland. The silent huge flakes piled on our shoulders and heads as we walked slowly down the road that had no tracks or footprints. It was a wonderful, quiet, peaceful walk that we thought was necessary after being stressed out trying to make plans for the week. It was just what we needed. Now, we need to eat stuff that is bad for us and snuggle in for the night. The snow is still falling outside, collecting on all the tree branches. It is still and silent. I don't think church is in our plans for the night. Sometimes, church causes one not to "be still." I am trying to be still and not be constantly wishing i could fast forward my life through this week. And if the shots don't work this round, i don't want to feel like fast forwarding my life again. I want to take deep breaths and live for today, enjoy today, be still for today. . . knowing God will be. It was nice to actually want to pause my life for a change as i was outside letting enormous, puffy flakes land on my nose while taking a walk with the love of my life. Life is good. Why fast forward through this and miss all the good?

No comments: