Thursday, March 08, 2007

The little goat made my day

On my drive home, there is a place near my house that just put up a horse fence last summer. The horses are alright, but what i yearn for every day is to see their goat in a separate, littler pen. You see, the little goat makes my day happy. I can only recall one time when i past the goat that i said to myself "this day is so crappy, that the little goat is not even going to be able to make me smile" He did. He continues to. He is not out there every day (which is good because i don't think i could emotionally handle all the goodness. . . i would be constantly wetting myself with joy) As i drove and saw the fence, i thought "oh, i hope he is out today. That would make a perfect day perfecter." And there he was. His black/gray body with his stubby stout legs. It just cracks me up. God sure created some bizarre looking creatures. Maybe he created that very goat just for me. Selfish thought, but i kind of like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goats are such wonderful animals with great personalities. Ever since befriending one at the county fair a couple years ago I have been considering getting a pet goat. Dad

Anonymous said...

That goat is fantastic! No wonder he makes your day...look at his little stubby goat legs! One of the girls at work has two baby goats, she brought them in the other day and pushed them around in a cart. Freaking adorable. Goats are awesome!
-Sarah