Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Wonderfully 'Normal' Weekend

So far, i have had such a wonderful, normal weekend. I have not had to sit with my feet up, had intense cramps, had to play catch up, nor vomited. It has been wonderful. On Friday, i was driving home from school, totally exhausted. I had given it my all this week by staying late and staying on my feet all day and all week. March is Reading month, you know. Schools go crazy, and as a classroom teacher, i am expected to go crazy. I like to get the kids all excited about reading, but i kind of do that all year. Anyway, this year's theme is "catch the reading wave.' So, i have been hanging student made fish from our ceiling , hanging streamers in waves, covering wall and doors with paper and kid made decorations. I was so tired by the time i left, i didn't even notice how tired i was until i sat down in my car. I wanted to cry.

Friday night we went to a birthday celebration for the two greatest Ryans ever. We were celebrating a Ryan that was born three years ago on leap year. And an adult Ryan came to the shindig expecting to only be celebrating little Ryan's birthday. Little did he know it was a celebration of his birthday too. His family was there to greet him. It was so refreshing to see everyone and to all be together again with friends. It was insane how many kids under the age of three were there. I think i counted 8, or was it ten. It was kind of hard when every one was coming in and getting settled and seeing all the babies, but it got easier and i was definitely able to enjoy the company. After most people left and the kids went to bed, we sat and chatted for awhile and before i knew it, it was 11:30. Way past my bedtime for a Friday night. Last Friday, i was sleeping by 7, but last Friday night sucked. I should just forget about it.

Today, it was great because TJ and i ran errands like we used to. We cleaned part of the house first, then went to Olive Garden for soup and salad and then went here and there. I made 6 Loopies by Lindsey today. I was completely out. One of my good friend's mom has cancer again. The community in Montague is having a spaghetti dinner and silent auction for her and her family. She is not only my friend's mom, but a bus driver for our district. She has also had to take custody of her three grandchildren and raise them as her own kids. I have had one as a student. Anyway, my grade level is doing a ducky theme baby basket for the auction, so i made a big Loopie by Lindsey and tomorrow i am making a card (with ducks of course). Hopefully the basket will raise some money.

I am tired and i am going to church tomorrow, so i better get to sleep. Good night.

No comments: