Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Merry Chirstmas

On Saturday, i was busy making loopies and TJ was playing on his laptop. All of a sudden we hear someone shout "Merry Christmas" on our porch and knock on the window. We had someone knock on our window last Saturday, too. I guess we should start turning on some outside lights. Anyway, TJ bolted out there to find a fake Christmas tree and two wrapped presents. He immediately grabbed his boots and keys and was planning on going after the group of teens. I, of course, was panicked and didn't know what he was going to do when he got to them. But, that didn't matter because TJ got stuck in our driveway. He was able to follow all the foot prints in the fresh snow to a house. We know where they live.

We were thinking that next Saturday we would leave a thank you note for the presents and maybe some hot cocoa. The presents were wrapped in Christmas paper and the tag read "to your family from David Moore" I didn't want TJ to open them, for fear that they had wrapped up their own poo or something. The tree was picked up by the garbage people and the presents were too.

At first, i couldn't believe that a group of teens would spend their Saturday night putting together a fake Christmas tree, finding Christmas wrapping paper, and wrapping up two boxes complete with a tag. Then i remembered growing up with my brothers, and it seemed very believable all of a sudden. I could totally see my brothers doing that. It wasn't a harmful prank, just goofy. If i was home alone, though, it may have been harmful. My heart was beating so fast as it was, i might have died if i was alone.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right about your brothers, but they would have also included a Menorah to go along with the tree. Equal opportunity and all. I can't believe you didn't open your "gifts"...curiosity would have overcome my fears. I'm still dieing to know what was in there. Dad