Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's been awhile

A catch up of happy moments and not-so-happy moments. . .

Every Thursday, there are 8 tiny, clear plastic cups filled with fluoride delivered to my room. Parents pay a small amount to have their child swish fluoride every week, due to well water lacking in that. After they swish it around for i minute, i say "spit" and the students spit into the cup and wipe their mouth with a napkin and then put the napkin into the cup and put the cup into a clear plastic bag held by me. The sound of 8 students spitting is rather disgusting and sometimes (depending on the flavor) the smell is very fetid like. Anyway, i have one student named Emma (one of my favorites. . . i know i am not supposed to have favorites, but occasionally i do) hates to hear or be by the students when it is time to spit the colorful spitty liquid into the see through cups, so she stays as close to me, the bag-holder, as possible. As soon as i say"spit" she quickly and with great gusto spits into the cup, throws the cup into the bag and runs far away from the other spitters, who, for some reason, take their sweet time spitting and throwing the cup away. There is always great talk about the flavor of the fluoride at this point. Last Thursday, Emma was doing her normal standing close to me, ready to project the grape flavored fluoride into the cup at even the hint of the word "spit." I said "spit" and she forcefully spit and got ready to run. . . only she aimed for her empty hand instead of the cup and sprayed grape spitty fluoride all over my shirt, my pants, the carpet, and of course, her hand. We were laughing so hard i almost started to cry. She was absolutely devastated. The look of horror on her face is something i will never forget.

The happy goat that i like to look at was standing atop a narrow stump the other day. I made sure no one was behind me, stopped the car and laughed till i cried. The stump was as tall as the little black pygmy goat. I want one.

I haven't been on in awhile because i have been busy, but also our hard drive completely went kaput. Luckily we have a back up hard drive that TJ occasionally saves all our stuff too, but it takes awhile to reinstall crap and he has also been busy.

I stayed with my good friend/ sister-in-law this weekend in G.R. It was wonderful to spend time with her, but was under very crappy circumstances. My mind has definitely been else where since then.

Next weekend i am visiting my granna, aunt and uncle, and TJ's family. It is gail's birthday on Friday. I cannot wait to see granna. I miss her. I cannot help but think how many more times i am going to be able to visit her and hear her little giggle. The weekend is going to be very strange, happy, uncomfortable, celebratory, and a little tense. How emotional.

Well, i guess this is enough for now. So much more, but i will ease you in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your issues with fluoride never seem to cease.
-jered

Lindsey said...

That is hilarious. I had completely forgot that at the dentist i threw up every time i got near fluoride. Thanks for the funny reminder. Miss you!