Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A break from cleaning

I woke up really late today. The sound of the storm, the peaceful look on my husband's face, and a purring content kitty kept me in bed awake, but relaxed. It was wonderful. I cleaned all day and took a much needed break by going to Ludington to meet dad for chinese. Yum. It was great to hear a few stories, laugh and to catch up while enjoying tasty food.

Yesterday we left gail's at about 9:30. We shopped and shopped and shopped. On of the places we stopped was my hometown mall. . . twelve oaks. Boy has it changed. I was walking around in it and not recognizing it at all. It was kind of hard because it was during a weekday there was an extreme amount of babies. Towards evening there seemed to be many mother daughter pairs shopping. I didn't get a dress or a skirt or anything really. I was so disappointed at the end, but far from disappointed with my husband. His patience is more than i could ever have imagined. He got a beautiful khaki linen jacket.

Spring break started with scrapping with some friends. Then we headed to gail's where tj made his mom a birthday dinner. Yum. I got to see lori for like five minutes. We played shoot the moon, read, and talked. I also visited my granna. She was pretty good, just real weak and she kept trying to give away everything that was in her line of vision. She loves elephants and has quite a collection of them. She was trying to give them to me. I told her that she is still enjoying them and i reassured her that family will get them when she goes. I looked at old pictures and hoped that the granna in the pictures is the granna that i will remember.

I saw some spring bulbs today at meijers. This is another hard time for me. It reminds me so much of my mom. I wonder if the tulips, hyacinths, and daffodils that she planted are still coming up. I hope they are. . . they probably shine in their pathetic surroundings.

Well, i am going to clean more. There is so much to do this week.

No comments: