Sunday, April 08, 2007

Trying Something New

Today has been weird. Not a typical Easter. . . i miss my family, i miss the sunshine with the hyacinths blooming, i miss church, i miss not having to worry about school and report cards, i miss eating a big tasty meal (although i have totally filled myself with junk today). I feel fat, sad, and nostalgic. I am supposed to start my next cycle of the shots and junk, so the doctor put me on hormones to kick start my period, and, not surprisingly it didn't work. . . yet. It has been a week and nothing. Normally i get it the day after i stop taking it. I don't know why he didn't use what my other doctor found to work with me because i am a little tricky. The "normal" hormones don't work with me. Surprise, surprise. I might get my period and still find out i have cysts and have to wait another month. Maybe that is why i have all these emotions. Or maybe, life is just a little crappy right now. Either way, it is what i feel right now. I cannot gain my weight back. I would be so mad at myself. It wouldn't help anything, and yet that is the path i am on.

Yesterday, i sewed for about four hours. It felt wonderful. Today, i did school work for at least four hours. It felt terrible. Anyway, i decided to try sewing with flannel-backed satin. I love working with it. I have green bumpy micro fleece on one side and yellow satin on the other side and used the satin as the binding too. I was very impressed with how i did the satin binding. The corners even turned out. It looks nice and there was not a whole lot of puckering. I liked making my own satin binding better than using the store stuff. It was a great project. . . i don't know when i will get back to sewing now that school has started. I also made two Loopies By Lindsey blankets.

No comments: