Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I do love a good laugh.

I wore a rather sophisticated, dressy green sweater today. Before leaving the house for work, i always slip my rings on (so no one tries to hit on me ;) ), put on my necklace and earrings. Today i picked out a dangly green necklace and matching dangly earrings. I went out the door to begin my day. I had an 8:00 meeting with a parent. I taught all morning to 47 kids. Ate lunch with friends in the lounge and got up to use the bathroom. I did my business, washed my hands, and looked in the mirror. I thought i looked pretty good. And then I saw it. On my left earring there was a pewter moose earring hanging on for dear life. This moose earring belonged, of course, to my mom. She loved moose. This moose earing also has a big purple bead on it that goes lovely with the green on my other earring. I left the moose hanging, went back into the lounge and sat down at the table. I wanted to see if anyone noticed for a couple more minutes. All of a sudden i asked, "were you going to tell me i had a moose hanging from my earring, or were you also oblivious to it?" We laughed hard. I love laughing. I think it was perfect that it was a moose. Thanks for the laugh, mom. You always knew how to get me laughing.

1 comment:

EastMI-WoodChips said...

You'll do anything to stand out in a crowd :-)