Saturday, July 26, 2008

Constant Battle

Well, i am down 10 pounds since i started weight watchers 6 weeks ago. I am happy with that. Weight watchers doesn't take it off fast, but it does take it off to stay and in a practical way. Ten pounds is 40 sticks of butter. It feels good not to carry an extra ten pounds around. I got a kohl's gift card from gail for my birthday. TJ encouraged me to get out yesterday without the jaebug, so i did. Time flew. I must have tried on 50 different things. I wanted to buy cute things, but i am just not there yet. I wanted to save my gift card for when i am back to "normal" but i was getting so sick of my selection of clothes that actually fit. None of the cute stuff looked right, so i wound up getting plain looking things. Although, i did get a pair or jean capris that i am excited about. I feel good now. I have some things to choose from when deciding what to wear.

When i was putting on the weight, i didn't care at all. . . i was getting injections for a good reason and then i was pregnant- a very good reason to put on some weight. I really didn't gain a whole lot with my pregnancy, it was all the medication before that did me in, BUT we got Jaely so all was good. I just was hoping it would come off a little easier. My hormones are still a mess, and i did only have jaely four months ago. I hope when she is nine months old that i am at a significantly healthier weight. At least i am not going up in weight anymore. One of the best things about being pregnant (except for Jaelynne of course) is that i didn't really feel like pigging out. Cookies didn't sound good. Ice cream had to be thrown away because it didn't get eaten. I want that feeling back. Now that i have been teased with it, i know how easy it can be to say no to ben and jerry's ice cream. Why can't i have that feeling all the time? What makes me sick is that many people do! Oh well, i will keep working at it. I want to be healthy for me, for my hubby, and for my daughter.

40 sticks of butter is a lot!

No comments: