Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Montague Farmer's Market

Yum. . . we got fresh, sweet strawberries, blueberries, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet onions, asparagus, spinach, and bib lettuce. I love the summer. The fresh veggies and fruit are wonderful, but i also love to talk to a friend at her booth. We buy from her first and then fill in the holes with other farmers. She just had asparagus and sweet cherries, but we bought some of everything at another farmer's booth from Holland. Jaely loves the attention Grini gives her. . . she smiled for her a ton. I really am going to miss Grini next year. . .
The tomatoes are going to be perfect with the fresh mozzarella we bought at GB Russos in GR, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

speaking of Balsamic- lately when it's hot out I'll just drizzle good balsamic over pieces of good parmigiana- it's wet your pants good!
-jered

Ang said...

I love balsamic with fresh mozzaralla...and tomatoes. It just might be my favorite flavor combination. So what time is dinner?

:)

Kate Rudd said...

MMM, you're describing the main components of my favorite salad!

If you lay your balsamic, tomatoes, and mozzerella over a bed of fresh greens and throw some chopped sundried tomatoes on for good measure, it's amazing.

Now I'm hungry.

:)