Sunday, July 06, 2008

Kids Galore!

Yesterday we went to a friend's parents' house to celebrate the fourth of july. I think this is the third or fourth year we have gone. It was a beautiful perfect day to sit by the lake with a bunch of friends and their kids. I think TJ and i figured there was thirteen kids there. . . most around two years old. This was the first year that we were noy the couple without a child. Last year at this time we were waiting to see if i was pregnant. We enjoyed good company, yummy food, other people's kids, s'mores, fireworks, and boccie ball. jaely got very snuggly during the beginning of the fireworks. She watched them up in the sky. Then she started fussing. She got quiet during the fireworks, and then cried until the next set. We left a little early and almost left my camera there. Next year, Jaely will be running all over the place!









On the drive home, i got this overwhelming sense of being so blessed. I love hanging out with that group of people. They are so intelligent, hilarious, compassionate, and normal. I just felt so blessed to be driving home after seeing friends, with Jaely in the back seat and a wonderful husband to my left. Life is just so good.

2 comments:

Charity said...

I do love s'mores:)

It was great to see you guys too. Thanks for all the the great shots. I am going to steal a couple:)

Kate Rudd said...

These are great shots!

:)