Monday, December 15, 2008

Crazy

When we returned home yesterday evening, it was 40 degrees. When i woke up this morning, it was 15 degrees. Yikes! All night i listened to the wind howling and slapping the rain, sleet, snow stuff against the windows. I prayed for safety for my family as i thought of the trees moving forcefully from side to side and the rain freezing on their branches making them very brittle.

There was no damage of which i am aware. But it is so ugly outside. I opened jaely's blinds like i do every morning as i say in a too cheery voice "good morning sunshine." There was none to be had. In fact i think by opening the blinds i actually made her room darker. The trees are back to being black, instead of having every branch traced in white. The snow on the ground is a dull wet gray color and the driveway. . . well, lets not talk about the driveway. We barely made it in last night and i don't think things improved during our sleep, so i think i will be staying in today. There is a fresh layer of snow falling gently as i write this, so maybe things will brighten up.

My day is about to brighten up becuase i just finished my cereal, so now it is time to take jaely out of the exersauce and let her scoot all over the living room and kitchen! Bye,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was raining very hard by the time I got home last night and I had much difficulty getting in my drive also. Had a lot to unload so didn't park under the carport. This morning it is 9 degrees and snowing so I tried to move the truck but it is virtually frozen to the ground. What was 5 inches of slush is now 5 inches of ice! The tires will not move. Great to see everyone yesterday, felt so bad having to stay my distance from Jaely, but better safe than sorry. Love, Dad

Lindsey said...

Yikes! Good thing you didn't have to work today. Crazy, crazy weather. I am sure by Christmas you will be as good as new and can snuggle with her then.
Love you