Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just like mom's

I made my very first pot roast ever yesterday (yes, in spite of my horrible day). It tasted so good. It tasted just like my mom's did. The potatoes were just a little different-not as mashable. So delicious. Tonight i am making one of her recipes, chicken divan.

Jaely is going on a 2 1/2 hour nap. I balanced the checkbook, paid bills, did dishes, pureed food for jaely, read a chapter of Sex God, watched a recorded episode of Sex and the City, cleaned the kitchen counters, took a shower :), and now i am blogging. She will be such a happy baby when she wakes up. She needed this nap. This morning, she woke up way early and wouldn't go back to sleep, then only took a 45 minute nap.

i know when she wakes up she will have that crusty goodness around her mouth in the shape of her binky. And she will have an imprint of the lap pad seam going across her cheek on to her forehead. I love our girl.

Today is my oldest brother's birthday. I remember when he held my hair back for me when i was throwing up, and when he cradled me after i fell into the corner of the coffee table, and when he changed my tire in GR after i got a flat, and when he gave me a "Happy Batmistva" card for my birthday, and when he gave me two of my mom's favorite recipes framed, and when he made a toast at Jason's wedding stating that he finally has a sister he can be proud of (referring to his new sister-in-law), and when he was the grill master (who burned himself) at the rib cook off at my bridal shower, and how he let me have friends downstairs for a roller skating party if i gave him a 2 liter of the pop i had purchased for the event, and when his car rolled down the driveway on echo- across the street and landing in the bushes inches from a brick house, i remember picking him up and driving across the state after hearing that our mom had passed away, i remember him making me my first chai latte at the restaurant he worked at the day before i got married in an effort to calm me, i remember my mom and i eating at the restaurant and being one of his first costomers (watching a lefty try to fill out an order form in air can be painful), i remember him and my mom cooking in the kitchen together, i remember the constant digging sound of legos, i remember after telling him to "shut up" his calm response of "but i am not the one being loud, lindsey", i remember driving him to the hospital because he was in such pain he could hardly sit, i remember when he came in the house and told my mom that he had lost a contact lense in the snow, i remember going to watch him act in plays and improve. . .

Wow, i could go on and on. Happy Birthday Jered! You are loved.

No comments: