Friday, September 07, 2007

Breaking the Silence

One can tell school has started. . . silence from my blogs. I was in bed by eight every night, after getting home at 5 or 6. I was/am so tired, but i made it through the first sweltering week.

My students seem like a nice bunch of kids. There are already two that are driving me nuts, but i am sure it is hormonal. One poor boy keeps crying. I feel so bad for him. He has some anxiety issues and can't keep it together. Once he was crying because he rode his scooter to school and it looked like it was going to rain. He just could not get it together enough to tell me. It was impossible to understand. When i finally figured out what he was talking about, we promptly called his mom to have her pick him up. Then he started freaking out thinking that she was only coming if it was raining and he wanted her to come no matter what. Another call home was made because he could not calm down. He couldn't even talk to her to get words out. Crazy.

I am looking forward to sleeping in, at least not hearing my alarm sound. I will sleep past 5:15 tomorrow and i am kind of excited. I think i am going to go eat some crispy crowns, olives, and muenster cheese. Dinner here i come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always feel bad for the anxiety-ridden kids. I just want to tell them "Keep it together kid- life's rough and it only gets rougher- ya gotta just laugh!" Maybe not the best advice at that age. Also cuz I imagine telling this to them as I'm buying them a beer or something... "c'mon kid chin up! here have a beer on me."