Sunday, September 02, 2007

A Wonderful Ending

Since tomorrow TJ and i will both be working on school things, today was the last official day of summer for us. And what a wonderful ending it was. This weekend, with our getaway, was just what we needed. We finished off the weekend with me sewing inside as i listened to the hum of wordworking tools in the garage. TJ played around and tested his leigh dovetail jig as i wore out the tips of my fingertips with putting in and taking out pins in fabric. We also cleaned a bit inside and in the garage and finished some odds and end jobs. I got tired so suddenly that i had to stop a sewing project when i was almost at the end. I just couldn't go on. However, i do think i am beginning to get some of my energy back. . . i didn't nap today and i worked until 8:45. Hooray! Just in time for school.

I also ate mashed potatoes that my loving husband made me. YUM! I am ready to settle on the couch as TJ, surrounded by cats, reads his book. Sounds nice. Most Sundays won't be like this anymore. . .

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hope your first week of school goes well...glad it's a short one!!!