Saturday, September 01, 2007

Relaxed and Rejuvenated

We just got back from our last summer celebration. It was perfect. . . just what we both needed. I feel completely relaxed and rejuvenated, especially compared to when we left. We shopped a ton in GR. I got some maternity clothes for school, a snoogle body pillow, thank you cards for all the baby gifts baby ellis has already received, and some other things. We ate out a ton (one place i took one bite and had to get it out of my view). I did have the best cinnamon french toast, though at a place called Sundance. We took a walk around our huge hotel and on the sky walk and then we took a walk along the river. Then we had more errands to run. I told TJ that i didn't want to go back home and empty the dishwasher and pay bills, so he took me to a movie. Bourne Ultimatum was excellent. Now i am home, and it is too late to do my chores, so i guess i will go to bed soon. What a perfect plan. It was absolutely wonderful. We needed that. We just enjoyed each other's company, held hands walking down the sidewalk, laughed together, dreamed about baby ellis, and enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine. I did burst out in tears when i saw two kids that were in the backseat of a hot car, left alone by their mom shopping in the mall. The security guy was questioning the older girl. The other child was crying and in a rear facing car seat. I never appreciated those security guys as much as i did then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys had a good time, you all deserve it. How horrible about those kids in the car!! I can't believe people do that kinda crap. Grrrr!!! Anyhow, happy to hear that you are happy :)