Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thankfulness

This morning, as i am driving to school, i was overcome with thankfulness. All these things, events, people, flooded my mind and my heart. The family i was born into. The family i married into. My husband. Our jobs. Being pregnant. Being a mother soon. countless and countless more. It started my day off right, a little teary eyed, but right.

It amazes me how when your day starts off good, it just gets better. Bad or annoying things are easier to brush off. Good things seem to find you, or maybe you find the good things. All the smiles and good, just make the good even better. That is how today was. That was my morning.

i was able to brush off when i knelt down to help a student and midway into our conversation he wiped his nose on his sleeve and made a string of snot, a rope really, stretching from his sleeve up to his face. It was disgusting. Yet, it was all the good things that stick out. All the little things that made me laugh or made me smile. All my thankful thoughts played over and over again in my mind. And as i went through the day, more were added. Good thoughts were attracting good thoughts. I look around, and i am so overcome again with thankfulness. It was like a list to God of all the things and people that i never want to take for granted, that i want to thank Him for creating and placing strategically and purposefully into my life, for making our paths cross and intertwine.

1 comment:

Charity said...

I love days like that.

God is good.

Have I told you that whenever I think of you and your pregnancy it always brightens my day??? Well it does!!

God is good.

I can't wait until March!!!