Sunday, November 18, 2007

Stranded with a Perfectly Good Car

Friday, i had to race to north muskegon from work to get my flu shot and then race back up by work to meet my friends for scrapbooking. My appointment was at 4, and they actually took me ten minutes early. I was so excited because that meant that i would not be late to scrapbooking and dinner. I got into my car, my arm a little soar, and put the key in the ignition and it would not turn. The steering wheel was completely locked and the ignition was too. Now this is just a reminder that i am pregnant, so i have the patience of a pregnant person, i just got a shot in my arm, i was supposed to be somewhere, i don't have a cell phone, and i am sitting in a one year old car that is refusing to let me start it. I tried for a half hour trying to start my car, tilt my steering wheel, read my owner's manual, move the gear shifter, insert the key gently, harshly, upside down. No luck. Because i didn't even have heat, it was starting to get cold. I went back into the doctor's office, asked to borrow their phone, and i called my husband. I am not going to write how it ended. . . you might be able to find the ending on his blog.

The result of this? We both have brand new, first ever cell phones. Mine is pink. The people at verizon could not believe that we had never had one. I think we are one of the last people to get one. We will see if we both need to have one. We went in thinking only one phone, but you know how it goes. I will have greater peace of mind this winter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you left out the best part of the story!
I would have loved to hear your call to T.J. I'm sure he enjoyed the call very much!

Anonymous said...

Not in "Park" perhaps? I'm glad you have TJ so you didn't have to call me. Love, Dad

Lindsey said...

Nope i am aware of the "park" thing. It actually is a glitch of the Saturn. . . TJ just has the magic touch and thinks to do two things at once. . .