Sunday, December 09, 2007

All is quiet

The dishwasher is humming. TJ is napping. The tree and village lights are glowing. Wrapped presents sit under the tree sparkling. It is so peaceful. Jered, Daddy-o, Aunt Carol and Uncle Mike just left. We were celebrating jered's birthday. Dad brought a beautiful poinsettia plant for us and TJ's favorite homemade cookies. I have the warm inside feeling that only family brings. I love the conversation, the laughter, the food, the company. I love that everyone is so different, yet there we are sitting in the same room. . . loving each other. I am so thankful God put all these wonderful people in my life because i might not have surrounded myself or had the opportunity to surround myself with them. I am glad i get to see them all in a few weeks. Jason was missed, though and he will be at Christmas time too. It was so nice to have everyone over. Next weekend gail and steve are coming over. I love having visitors.

Now i really don't want to do school work. I have to. It seems to make the house so much less peaceful as soon as i drag my bag of school stuff out. I worked a little before family came, but didn't finish. It is hanging over my head. I really just want to curl up with a good book and drift off to sleep. As i write this, i immediately try to think of the ramifications of doing just that. . . too many to count.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still wish you hadn't undone the "improvements" I made to your christmas village. I think my vision conveyed a sense of realism lacking in your original set-up, especially the holiday-stressed man teetering on the roof of one of your houses and the man who fell of the ladder while stringing lights. I also think the lack of zoning laws in your village was a gross oversight on your part.
But thank you for the wonderful dinner and gift.
love,
Jered

Lindsey said...

I just noticed our nativity set last night. . . at first i thought our cats had knocked things around. Upon a closer look, i noticed things were too strategically placed to be blamed on the cats.