Monday, December 24, 2007

Stranded

We are pretty ticked. When i called the insurance company yesterday to file a claim, the lady told me that we would most likely hear from a representative today. Well, we called the office, and they are close today. That lady really messed up our plans. If we knew sooner that a representative would not get in touch with us, we could have rented a car yesterday and left as planned. Instead, we learn after all the car rental places are closed for the day. Jered so kindly offered to pick us up after work today and drive us into town, but we were all a little worried about space with three bodies, luggage, and , of course, gifts. Steve is on his way over now to pick us up. I am sure he did not want to spend 6 hours on the road on Christmas Eve. We will miss the Christmas Eve service.

When TJ gets back into town, instead of working on the built in like he had hoped, he is going to be busy taking care of a tree, debris, and plans for getting two cars repaired. And, he goes back on the 2nd. This just kinda stinks. I am trying to stay positive and so far, it is actually working!

We have been enjoying our kitties and our new table. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck. I'm sorry the insurance lady screwed you over, I think that part of their job is listed in the handbook. :( I hope everything worked out okay, and you guys at least made it there in one piece. I wish we had two working cars, I would've let you borrow one! Have a Merry Christmas anyway :).

Aamer Waqas Chaudhary said...

One car from me for you!