Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wonderful surprise

yesterday, i got a phone call in the morning from my friend Mary. The next time we planned on seeing each other was in April when she came to visit the baby. She was calling because she was in Muskegon. I was excited all day to know that i would be able to see her for a couple of hours that night. TJ built forts with Keller and played monster, horse, and tyrannosauruses rex, while Mary and i talked. It was wonderful.

Yesterday, TJ also started gluing the face of the window seat on. It looks beautiful. And he put the crib together. When i woke up during the night, i could see it in the nursery. It made me smile. We don't have the mattress yet, so i can't put the sheets and stuff on it, but it still looks adorable. I started painting the lamp for Gertie's room. It is my old lamp from when i was little. The lamp base has three little drawers that i am going to paint different colors and then i am going to put bumpy fleece on the shade and pom pom balls hanging from the rim.

1 comment:

Ang said...

I am always drawn to the idea of window seats. But that one is particularly beautiful.

I can't wait to see the room finished. And hopefully to see you...sometime BEFORE this well-loved baby comes :)

miss you!
ang