Sunday, December 02, 2007

Any time now

Any time now i should see my hubby's face and know that he is safe and sound. He left at 6 this morning and has basically been lifting stuff or driving all day. Everyone got really nice furniture out of it. He has so much to do when he gets home. It is after 8 now. He is not planned at all for tomorrow. Yesterday, instead of doing school work, we were moving furniture around to make room for the new additions. Moving things downstairs wasn't all that easy because it required cleaning up and organizing the basement. It looks really good down there, now. I have a whole craft area for my scrapbooking and sewing. We also moved the tank desk down there with the computer. In the red room going in its place is a day bed for visitors (finally we have a place to offer people to stay) and book shelves with glass doors.

Anyway, the house looks so festive. The tree is up (complete with its tinfoil hand-made star from our first Christmas together), Norvin the Reindeer is illuminated and moving outside (although, this year he is close to the house because i didn't want to take tj's shop extension cord), the evergreen lighted swoops adorn the front porch, villages look alive and bustling, snowflakes are scattered throughout the house, the beautiful wreath hangs on the door welcoming all who come, mostly empty Christmas boxes are restacked downstairs, Christmas Boyds are sitting and waiting for the holiday to come, and the mistletoe is hanging awaiting a couple of lovebirds to stand under it. I am tired, too. We both had long days. I think mine was more fun, though! I love all the lights at night. AND mixed with my baby kicking me. . . i feel so content, happy, and peaceful. I cannot wait to see my husband.

I did make TJ brownies to greet him when he gets home.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your house sounds beautiful. I am proud of you for doing so much work when you are so tired. Let me know if you have any leftover brownies...

TJ said...

Kim, I am sorry to say that the brownies are all gone. in fact, it is quite amazing that they lasted until today.