Friday, December 28, 2007

Update

The tow truck is coming to pick up my car and take it to a body shop. A husband of one of my friends owns a body shop, so we are giving him lots of business with two cars, especially the red one. Who knows when i will see Big Red again. The good news is the white car was far from being considered totaled. We were worried about that because the car is so very valuable to us. . . it is a good car with no monthly payments. We are going to drive the white car for a few more days, since the adjuster can't come see it until Wednesday, but she wants to see it at the body shop. Then we will be down to one car. . . the s10 truck, which i cannot really drive and don't really want to. I don't have school next week, so it should all work out. . . hopefully.

Christmas was nice. It didn't quite feel the same. That could be because of many things. . . i miss my mom, i miss my grandma, jason wasn't there, we were carless, we didn't go to the Eve service, and we got into town late. It was great to see everyone and to hang out a little bit with them.

I have been living in a soft, brown maternity sweat suit i got from gail and steve. My dad made me the nicest candles and soaps. Our Christmas gifts are put away and i put all the Christmas stuff away yesterday. We played with our digital photo frame. Watched Transformers, Mean Girls, and Shrek the third. All my new maternity clothes are neatly hung in my closet. We moved the living room back to normal. We have been feasting on cookies. I have been sipping chai and reading a Mary Higgins Clark book. TJ used Trevor's chainsaw to cut up the tree into manageable pieces. We are on our way out the door to go shopping and spend some gift cards. Then we are headed back. TJ is going to work on the built-in and i am going to sew.

I have many plans for my next week off. I have to clear up the fiasco with a credit card that i haven't used since 2001, but has a charge from 2004 from St. Louis, a place i have never been. I have/want to sew for little Gertie. I want to organize all our electronic pictures into folders and hopefully in one spot, instead of several. There is always school work. I need to make loopies. I have already been paid for one that needs to be made. I want to get my haircut. I love having time off. I am going to make sure to relax as well. :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Lindsey:
In the midst of all the Christmas chaos, I have just checked your blog for the first time in a while. I was shocked to see what happened to your cars. That really stinks! HOpe everything is getting back to normal. We miss you and want to see you soon...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that Christmas day was a little strange. I didn't even blog about it because I couldn't (and can't) begin to explain the feelings I had. Dad