Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Have I mentioned that I love my Sewing Machine?

Today, i started making a pillow that has a flap and three buttons. It helped me forget that i was carless today. Even if TJ was home, i still don't have a car that i can drive. I haven't driven a stick in 10 years. I changed my presser foot on my sewing machine by putting my button hole foot in. The cool thing is is that i put my button in the foot and then the machine automatically knows the length of the button hole it has to make. Of course my three buttons have little pictures of classic eeyore. I am making the pillow with plaid fabric that has pooh honey pots every now and then in the pattern. When cutting and laying out the fabric, i am proud to write that i was able to actually line up the lines on the button flap. I was very impressed with myself. The fabric seems a little boyish, so i think i am going to get some pink piping or pink poof ball fringe for the edge of the pillow. That will make it more girly and more funky. I love my machine. It is so easy to use and seems to love me back.

Today, the effects of the snowplow clearing our road was our very full recycling box launched across our driveway. I peeked outside to see Simply Apple Juice containers and newspaper scattered all over the yard, road, and ditch. I got my exercise today as i tromped through the deep snow to collect our trash. But, i went out after hearing from the doctor that my sugar levels are good, so i was in a good mood while bending and tromping and huffing and puffing.

Tonight, i am going to have to turn in early. I feel exhausted. I didn't sleep well last night and it is catching up with me. :) TJ is napping as i write, but he had a full day of school today. Tomorrow he is taking a half day off so he can go and see our baby girl on the ultrasound monitor with me. We are both so excited. Check baby ellis blog for pictures tomorrow!

No comments: