Monday, January 28, 2008

Next Year

Next year I won't be. . .
  • going on field trips
  • writing the agenda on the board
  • reading aloud Where the Red Fern Grows
  • teaching arrays and area
  • eating lunch with my friends everyday
  • watching kids swish fluoride in their mouths and spit it up
  • writing out name tags
  • buying markers, colored pencils, scissors, and glue sticks for 26 kids
  • entering grades
  • taking attendance
  • smelling pancake on a stick
  • doing the lunch count
  • writing biweekly newsletters
  • cleaning the board
  • meeting with parents
  • attending grade level meetings
  • getting "professionally developed"
  • going out for recess duty
  • conversing with adults on a regular basis (except for TJ)

Wow the list could go on. I just got back from the board meeting and they approved the superintendent's recommendation to give me unpaid leave. As i was driving home, it all became so real. I am looking forward to next year. I don't know what to expect, but i am definitely willing to give it a try. I might love it, i might not, but at this time i feel it is right for Gertie and for us. I am just so excited!!!

4 comments:

Charity said...

Congratulations!!!!!

You are a wonderful mother!!!

Anonymous said...

I scanned the list for a mention of pancake on a stick!

leigh said...

Ah, that mad me a little sad. I quit work after my first one was born and it was hard to start with. It's a whole different mindset. Give it time. You can always make nametags for your own kids!

leigh said...

Oops. Made me a little sad.