Friday, January 04, 2008

Dear Truck

Dear Red S10 Pickup,

I know we haven't always gotten along. I know i have been known to complain about your grumbling and groaning and your shaking and rattling, and for that i am truly sorry. When i think back we have such a history. i still see the faded smiley face sticker i stuck to your dashboard to make TJ smile years ago. I still see the faded Taylor sticker in your back window. You used to be our date mobile, our main way of getting around. Sometime in my snobbiness, i lost appreciation for you, and for that again i am sorry. Although, you must admit that i was very thankful for you this summer during our landscaping project and treated you with utmost care.

You have over 100,000 miles and have been with TJ for almost 10 years. He truly loves you. He actually enjoys driving you. I must confess, sometimes i get jealous of you. Because you are a stick, you often take TJ's hand off of my knee. I guess i can handle that.

Anyway, this letter is primarily to thank you for all you have done recently. You really came through for us as now that you are our only source of transportation. With your rebuilt transmission and exhaust system, you really are a good little truck. . . a truck that has gotten my husband to work every day this week, gotten us to our ultrasound to see our baby girl and to Jo-anns to buy some fringe. Even though you don't have heated seats, a back seat, or a covered cargo area. . . i still love you and am thankful for you helping us through this tough time. You know, TJ has never doubted you. He is a loyal and faithful owner. . . me not so much.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
Lindsey

P.S. Is there any way you can make it so the passenger side seatbelt doesn't lock on me more and more every time i move. I feel as if the seat is holding me hostage. If you can't, i understand. I am still thankful for you.

No comments: