Friday, January 11, 2008

Sticky Snow

Snow is stuck on each and every branch and power line and i am sure that is why Montague doesn't have power. Yes, i am home on a day when i should be teaching 26 little kids. I am so relieved, excited, and thankful. I woke up at 4:30 and could not go back to sleep. I looked outside and by looking at the roads knew we had school. Little did i know that school did not have any power. Hip Hip Hooray!! I was up from 4:30 - 6:30 and went back to bed. It was wonderful.

Last night, while driving back from a friend's house, i thought i was going to die. I have never been in such a snow storm with such sloppy roads and terrible visibility. I was driving in unfamiliar roads in an unfamiliar rental car. TJ was driving ahead of me, thank goodness, and he even said it was absolutely terrible. By the time i got home after nine, my stomach was upset, i had a headache and i was so stiff. TJ had to stop to clear the headlights because he knew neither one of us could see where we were going, and there was deep ditches on both sides of the road. Yuck! It felt so good to be home. And it feels so good to be home. Kim was right~ thanks Kim!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad for your snow day!