Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow day for both


I think over the last 6 years, TJ has only had one snow day and i have had too many to count. So, when i looked on the TV this morning i ran into the bathroom to where TJ was taking a shower and i made up the best song and dance to announce that we did indeed both have Snow Day. I was hoping and praying for one. Today, i was supposed to leave school at 8:45 with 26 students and take them to the muskegon museum, eat lunch there and then go straight to pool school at the Y. I was in for an exhausting day, one in which i wasn't sure if i would make it. But now i am eating a warm orange roll with a cold glass of milk. The sun is pouring into the house and the sticky snow looks amazing stuck to the branches. I am not sure if i am going anywhere. Well, i have to go to school to drop off sub plans for the morning tomorrow because i have a conference to go to in Muskegon tomorrow. Our driveway is pretty crazy. TJ's truck got stuck in the driveway after we got back from Shelby last night. We (mostly TJ) was out there until 8:45 trying to rescue his truck while i made the S10's clutch cry. I haven't driven a stick since about 12 years ago when i cruised around in my moldy chevette. I stalled the truck once and spun the tires a number of times, but finally the truck was freed. I think on our way to school and the secretary of state we are going to stop at pikadills and have some warm homemade soup. YUM!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I am so happy that you guys had a snow day together. I just wish I could have seen the happy song and dance.

Ang said...

I was thinking of you both this morning...happy for your incredible double snow day...yet cursing at my television and my administrator for waiting for every other school in town to close before joining them.

It turns out my administrator is in Thailand. It probably just took a little longer for someone else to call it in...

Sorry Tom. I hope Thailand is great.