Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hooray for Snow Days

Every school is closed, including colleges Libraries are closed, even trash pick up is canceled for today. It is drifty and with the wind chill it is -15 outside. We are both home. Hooray! I didn't feel very good this morning, so i am so thankful for a snow day. I got home kind of late from my shower and then had a bunch of phone calls to make, so i didn't get much sleep either. Now, i feel pretty good. There are four of us that are pregnant at work. Sara (the one on the left) was put on bed rest last week. She is due at the end of February. Then i have the next closest due date- march 25th. Then Jessica is March 29th (i think) and Shonda is April 1st. We are all so close. It is fun to share stories, especially with Shonda because this is her first baby too. This is a page from a book that i got at the shower. It is so funny. Someone took a picture of it for me!My shower yesterday was so fun and touching. I was surprised by how many people showed up. I got a little teary when i was thanking everyone, but other than that i made it without crying. Gertie got the most adorable clothes, cuddly blankets, wonderful bath products, cute books, and her car seat and all of its accompaniments.

I got home to a bunch of messages on the machine. My step-dad is in a drug induced coma right now. It was a yucky ending to a wonderful day.

Today, i am washing Gertie's clothes. I should start thank-you notes too.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad you had such a good shower (and a snow day after). Hope to see you soon.

You are looking so cute!