Saturday, February 02, 2008

Random Happenings

I have a cold, so i promised myself that i would take it easy today. Lay around. Read Baby Laughs and Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. Finish thank you notes. Sleep. Maybe watch a movie. I want to be healthy for the Super Bowl get together tomorrow.

Yesterday, one of my lovable students brought me three hand knitted hats that she made for the baby. They are absolutely adorable. I showed them off all day.

i just made a much needed hair cut appointment and a pedicure appointment for Tuesday. My hair is so long, frizzy, and thick. I haven't had a spa pedicure since i got married. TJ paints my toe nails, but he is a little busy and at the salon i will get so pampered. I cannot wait.

TJ took yesterday off and worked on the built-in. He is getting pretty far. Today, he hopes to start the scary part of finishing the shelves. He just needs to cut the plywood for the back. He also has to take it apart and put it back together again. I think he said something about sanding it one last time before he finishes it too. He thinks he might have to redo the top of the window seat. . . he says that his inexperience played a role. He loves how the top of the bump out in the shelves came out, so now he knows. The top is currently warped, but beautiful. He said that when he cuts it to hinge in the part that lifts, there will be nothing there to hold down the warp. I am so excited to see what it all looks like finished. It looks so good now, he doesn't want to do anything to mess it up. . .

No comments: