Sunday, February 10, 2008

I have a snow day. . . tomorrow!

I just got the best call. . . i have yet another snow day tomorrow. I can't believe it was cancelled the night before. . . well actually i can when i think of the treacherous ride home we had.

It took us 6 1/2 hours to make a three hour trip. We were making pretty good time until we reached grand rapids. They had closed 96 due to a fifty car pile-up. We were forced to take back country roads where the wind whipped the dry snow across all the fields. It was absolutely terrible. I m so glad tj is a good and cautious driver and that we were kept safe from other drivers.

Yesterday was a truly wonderful day. I get emotional just writing about it. I met and saw people that i hardly speak to, but they have been praying for us for years. They all came together to celebrate Gertie. I am continually amazed at the people that God has put in our lives. . . so much support and love. My aunt, Mom-in-law- and friend/sister-in-law threw an amazing shower. The food was awesome, the company was the best (not awkward at all in spite of not knowing some people very well), the gifts were overwhelming, the games were fun, and the enthusiasm was very evident.

I washed the mattress pad, put it on our crib mattress, and put the fitted sheet i made for Gertie on the mattress. TJ and i put it in the crib and put the bumpers on. I almost started crying. I am so eager to meet her, i can hardly stand it!!

As i type this, i am praying that TJ gets a day off too. He is coming down with a cold, tired from the crazy drive and busy weekend. It is unlikely, but you never know. My school closing still hasn't hit the TV, and i have known for half an hour. . . it makes me wonder how many other schools are closed in our county.

No comments: