Thursday, February 21, 2008

Attempting to Wind Down

Last night, i got very little sleep. Once i got to sleep i was fine, but it was getting their that took so long. Tonight, i fear will be a repeat of last night. Maybe it is because TJ is out of town. It could be because Gertie's arrival is upon us soon. Whatever it is i need sleep.

Today, i felt more pregnant than ever. Just typing that brings a smile to my face. I feel like my strut has turned into a waddle, and my leg muscles have each turned into a ball shaped mass. Is it wrong to smile at stretch marks? I love my belly. It is really starting to lead the way through the hallways and part the sea of students. Thank goodness my belly button has not betrayed me. Maybe it never will! Her body parts are really protruding now. . . it makes me giggle. I am reminded that i really have no torso. . . i go from hips to ribs. I actually could feel my hips hit my rib cage before i was pregnant. Poor Gerite. . . not a lot of floating room for her. Whenever i picture her in me, i picture her clothed. I need to write that in her baby book. I just realized that that is pretty bizarre.

The end of the trimester is coming up, which means assessments, report cards, and conferences. Conferences are March 11. I hope i am not too miserable by then. I am glad this was a very short week. I don't know if i could have made a five day one.

Well, i should go to the couch and try another attempt at winding down because this is not helping.

No comments: