Wednesday, September 06, 2006

At what point did this happen?

I left school at about 4:15. Had been there since 6:45 and wanted to leave. I was on auto-pilot as i drove home listening to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on CD. Got home, put my stuff down and immediatly went to our bedroom. I was so anxious and excited to put my "jammies" on. As i am sighing with relief as i pull on my "loungewear" i realized that i am my mother. Not only am i my mother, but i did the very thing that i used to give her such a hard time about. When did this happen? Was it gradual or did i transform over night? I am seeing and hearing more of her in me and i often giggle to myself as i ponder this destined transformation that i vowed i would never do. There were many, many good qualities about my mom, don't misunderstand me. However, there are some characteristics that i am not fond of. If i ever catch myself whinning to TJ that he needs to put gravy on his food or salt his potatoes becausee they will taste better, i will cry. If i ever have a designated chair in the livingroom. . . oh, wait, i guess i kind of do. . . nevermind. If i ever come home and take and hour to two hour nap, i will cry. In a way, i guess our children will know what mom was like. . . there is a lot of her in me. I think i will go satisfy my sweet tooth, i still have points left for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you also rip big wet loud farts first thing through the door? That was a mom classic.
love,jered