Monday, September 25, 2006

Staying home


well, four weeks into school and i already have to have a sick day tomorrow. I am stuffed to the brim with snot, have a headache and my arms feel really heavy. I figured if i didn't take a day off, it might take me twice as long to get better. Also, tomorrow is a long day as it is with my doctor's appoinment at 4 and then class at 6 in G.R. I just need to sleep a lot, take it easy and drink orange juice. I don't need to eat a lot of points. I have been doing that lately and it is going to get me into trouble.

I made 6 "Loopies by Lindsey" blankets this weekend. I gave two away to friends. I dropped the other four off in the lounge because i only had one left in my basket. By lunch time (11:10) they were all gone, but one. I even got paid in advance for a special order. Hooray! Thus far, i have sold 13 loopies. I need to make more, but i am almost out of having a variety of ribbon. Jo-Ann's has also been out of a lot of the colors i am looking for. I really need bumpy pink fleece and green microfleece. The microfleece is so much softer than the other stuff and it is still machine washable. Maybe to take a break from napping tomorrow i will pin ribbon. We will have to see.

We also visited a lot of "parade of homes" homes this weekend and last weekend. One house had the most amazing built-ins with hickory wood. They were unbelievable. . .actually the whole house was. I loved averything about it. Then, i come home and feel so blessed to live in the house that we do. It is nothing spectacular, but for its size it has a lot of extras that we fell immediatly in love with. I could live here forever. There is room to grow and if TJ does built-ins there will no way to leave. We saw a similar built-in to the one we are going to do in the nursery someday when it is needed. As for now, there are other things to work on.

3 comments:

Ang said...

maya loves her loopy blanket. seriously. she loves it.

and there aren't many things that she actually shows preference for yet.

she is very serious about gnawing on a certain 'loop' that she likes best.

thank you!!!!! :)

hope you feel better soon.

oh my goodness...the word verification i just had to type started with the letters: 'ang...'

crazy.

Lindsey said...

I am so glad to hear the Maya enjoys her blanket. It does my hear good to know that. :)

Lindsey said...

oops. . . heart. . . it does my heart good to know that