Sunday, September 03, 2006

How i spent my Saturday!

Ater cleaning, i promptly got to work on my wall hangings for the future nursery (no, i am not pregnant)

Ironing the quilt panals

Trimming and sewing the quilt panals

Getting ready to cut out the frame for the quilt panals. This background shows up and compliments a lot of the fabric i have already used.

I sewed the panal onto the background

I applied the ribbon that acts as a border. . . yes, this is the "sex" feet of ribbon described in my previous post. This ribbon is perfect because it is close to the wall colors that we are doing for the nursery, minus purple. And one whole wall of the nursery is going to be big square blocks of these colors.
I then sewed these cute square buttons to each corner

Stuffed it for some dimension

Hung it on the wall to see what it looked like

Then, i completed the other two! Eeyore wil be the one hung in the middle because he has no words on him like the others and his buttons i did in green.

I am seriously thinking of making some of my blankets with ribbon loops to sell at school. I could just put a box of them in the lounge with a cute little sign and an envelope. They are so expensive if you buy them at the store, and i could make them for so much cheaper. Plus, they just make cute gifts. Hummmm. . . . Lindsey's Loopies. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! That ribbon is perfect for the wall squares. You are so talented! Do you do grown up rooms too? Can we rent you for our house? :)