Monday, September 18, 2006

Where was the weekend?

It seems i spent a lot of my weekend on the road. However, it was very enjoyable. I got to see family and listen to Harry Potter while i drove.I went to see my cousin in a play in Royal Oak. I had to take the longway there because i was scared of the shorter way. The shorter way included many turns, 80 mph traffic, merging, bearing left or right, three expressways, white knuckles and headaches. So, i opted for the three turn, twice as long route. I took maple from wixom all the way to Royal Oak. . . through downtown Birmingham and everything. It was refreshing to visit with my aunts. I saw the same twinkle in their eyes that i used to see in my mom's eyes. I heard her laughter, excitement and stories in them. And my Great Aunt Glyda's voice sounded just like my grandma's. I sucked it all in. When i wasn't driving or visiting, i hung out with Gail. We went to Border's Book Store. I just love book stores. I, of course, could have spent a fortune. We also ate slow churned ice cream together. Speaking of ice cream, i ate very well this weekend. I feel pretty proud of myself. I knew i had to weigh in for the biggest loser today and i didn't want to gain a ton. I had Alaskan King Crab on Saturday before the show. It was delicious and already cracked for me. :) I tried to ignore the melted butter for the most part.
I need to catch up on house things, bills, grad stuff, and school stuff. Better go.

1 comment:

EastMI-WoodChips said...

I'm back :-), check out the new entry!